Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.